Change is my great comfort zone. I'm happiest when I'm working in the present to get somewhere in the future. Where this is good and bad, it is definitely conducive to making goals and resolutions. For as long as I can remember, my Dad would host an annual FHE where we would read through the last year's goals, and make fantastic plans anew. Fortunately for me, I married a great goal setter/list maker/achiever. Over the weekend, we completed our general planning for the year, complete with goal worksheets (Cori's idea and design) to have out in site, and to be filled in as we complete our goals every month/week. So here's a brief overview of the 2007 model of me.
.
Spiritual 1)Daily scripture study, 30 minutes in the morning. Where the 'daily' part of this goal is already a part of life, the quality of my attention has been lacking. 2)Lesson preparations started a week in advance. I need to give the Spirit all the material to draw from that I can. 3)Perfect Visiting Teaching. I have no excuse not to. 4)Temple attendance, once a month. Again, I have no excuse not to.
____________________
.
Educational 1)Take a Spanish class. Though French is the most romantic of the romantic languages, it is not as useful as Spanish. 2)Read 10 books. I have a jump start on this one because I started a couple of books over the holiday that I will finish this week. 3)Cook one new recipe every week. Thanks, Cori, for going along with this one.
____________________
.
Physical 1)Work out 3 times a week. This is another maintenance goal. My gym membership is a prized possession. I feel better in every way when I'm exercising. 2)Down to xxx pounds. Of course, I'm not going to say exactly how many pounds. And where I don't measure my health by my weight, it is a good indicator of how one's diet/exercise ratio is looking. Mine needs a 5 pound adjustment. 3)Salad Mondays. When Cori and I were in school, we had a habit of eating a big salad for dinner on Mondays. I'm resurrecting the tradition with renewed vigor. Its a great way to start the week. And it makes us feel less guilty about that FHE treat.
____________________
.
Financial 1)Save at least $50 a month to buy a DSRL camera. This camera is something I've been pining over for at least 2 years now. I'm going to take some action! 2)Improve my credit. My credit is healthy, but it is stagnant. Not for long.
____________________
.
Familial 1)1 solid hour of Gracie time, daily. This may seem trite considering Grace has a significant percentage of my attention for every one of her waking moments. But I found that she is happier and that we have fewer meltdowns when I turn off the TV or computer or radio, put down the projects, clear my schedule and focus on her. So we read, play, cuddle, tickle, and usually laugh a lot. It is an ounce of prevention that I treasure. 2)More outside time. I haven't buckled down the details on this one, but its ridiculous that I don't have Grace outside more. We live in a paradise. 3)Date Night Fridays. We used to be really good about this one. It just needs some recommiting.
____________________
.
There it is, the new model of me. So let it be written, so let it be done!


1 comment:
awesome girl! loved your email and the fact that we are so incredibly simmilar - goals are the best and I, too, love how I feel when I am working towards being better. good luck with them all - DSLR camera, here we come!!
Post a Comment