Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


What I've Learned From My Mother
- Remember the eternal perspective
- Everything is a little easier after you've found a way to laugh at it
- The power of open communication
- There's nothing that a big embrace can't fix
- Reverence for Dr. Pepper, good hamburgers, and cherry cordial kisses
- The Lord loves me
- How to stand up for myself
- Life is supposed to stink once in a while
- To expect fantastic things
- The sacrifice that motherhood requires
- To let go of little things
.
What I've Learned From Motherhood
- That my mom has been right about everything
- Joy
- Children understand "I'm sorry" as well as they understand "I love you"
- Patience
- A deep love for all sanitizing and disinfecting products
- It is easier to have a little helper than to keep little hands busy doing something else
- I have a very important job- day, swing, and graveyard shifts together
- To treasure my friends
- The value of taking a day at a time
- Its okay to ask for help
- I need the Lord everyday
- I'm happier when I've spent the day putting others first
.
Thank you Mom. Happy Mother's Day!
Thank you Gracie (and our little Lindstrom man), for making mine so special.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

what a beautiful entry - so very well put - happy mother's day to you, friend!

Marcy said...

Another gorgeous picture, Jesse. Wow.