Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day Dad!

If I could, I'd show off my Dad by creating a collage of pictures of him. The collage would show him talking on the phone at his office, on a plane flying across the country for work, happily laboring in the garden, happily mowing the lawns, happily working in the orchard, riding his horse, wearing his uniform over the decades he's been involved in scouting, wrestling with all four of his kids at the same time (when we were smaller), wrestling the boys who came over to visit us (when I got older) and pinning everyone, getting out of bed before his alarm at 5:30 AM on a regular basis, on his knees praying, reading a fatty book about economics or history, executing his 'daddy suspender school' on the ski slopes, playing the piano, strumming his guitar, heading out the door to Church 3-4 times a week, opening his wallet, hiking or camping--usually with a pack of crazy teenagers, "watching" TV while fast asleep, flying in his airplane over the Carson Valley, making his crazy list of tasks to be completed on the few Saturdays he's at home, and being pretty much the best dad a girl could ever hope for.

As it is, I have only a few pictures that would do my collage justice. I love you Dad. Happy Father's Day! (And welcome home from China!)

Dad at the top of Frog Lake, with 3 of his crazy teenagers on the way to Lake Margarette, at the park with Grace, strumming his guitar with Grace, and the last is a picture I took from Dad's plane as we flew over the Carson Valley.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Jesse, I would have to agree that you have a wonderful father. I also wanted to comment about how much you and Cori make me feel as a step father. I could never ask for any more.

Love,
Ray