Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday School

This week, I learned (or relearned):
  • After working for weeks to teach Gracie to say 'please' (and finally succeeding), that it would take only moments for her to learn how to say 'mine!' with great emphasis.
  • Cleanliness is close to Godliness. Gracie and I spent the whole week while Cori was in NYC cleaning out our apartment. Closets, cabinets, and cupboards, are all sorted, cleaned and organized. This was done in an attempt to exert some control over our current moving limbo. We may not know the when or where about our move, but we could be ready tomorrow... In the meantime, the apartment is a little piece of heaven for me.
  • lds.org is such a great scripture study tool. I've started doing my study during Gracie's nap time--the morning study schedule wasn't happening, and I'm too dead tired at night. I went onto the website to look up the Gospel Doctrine lesson, and just started reading it from the site. Soon, I was clicking my way around links and flipping effortlessly from the New Testament, to the Pearl of Great Price. I read a couple articles pertinent to the lesson, and even listened to a conference address. Its given me something new to look forward to in my scripture study.
  • A couple of gems from my studies this week--all to do with signs of the Savior's coming, the last days, and the many perils that will necessarily be a part:
    “But where do we find hope in the midst of such turmoil and catastrophe? Quite simply, our one hope for spiritual safety during these turbulent times is to turn our minds and our hearts to Jesus Christ. … Armed with the shield of faith, we can overcome many of our daily challenges and overpower our greatest weaknesses and fears, knowing that if we do our best to keep the commandments of God, come what may, we will be all right” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1992, 41–43; or Ensign, Nov. 1992, 31–32). Doctrine and Covenants 45:34-35 And now, when I the Lord had spoken these words unto my disciples, they were troubled. And I said unto them: Be not troubled, for, when all these things shall come to pass, ye may know that the promises which have been made unto you shall be fulfilled.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I agree with you about lds.org--I have been in the habit of checking my email first thing in the morning. Now I can just go straight from there to lds.org for my daily scripture reading. It's a lot easier than finding all the study materials and settling down at the couch. Scripture study is like exercising--you need to find what works for you--and doing it at the computer certainly works for me!