We've just returned home from a lovely reunion with Cori's family at Payson Lakes. I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't been a little bit worried about camping (being 8ms. prego, and with Gracie) for 4 days. But we had so much fun, and Gracie was a terrific camper. She slept, ate, and played as great as she always does. It was wonderful having everyone together... well, almost everyone. We really missed you Tiff, but we're glad you are where you are doing what you are doing!
These are photos of some of the week's festivities: Fishing, canoeing, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bike rides, little hikes, horseshoes, watching horseshoes, chats in the shade... smores, lots of dutch oven cooking... general merriment at its best. In my defense, the only pics that got taken of me with our camera were from day 4 of camping life. The last picture is me with Britt and Cory's little Ashton. Check out Cori's great goatee. Gracie kept touching it and saying "Off! Off!" (smart girl!) We are so grateful that our schedule allowed us this little vacation with these special people!
Fishing. Gracie loved the canoes and spent every moment on the water saying, "Fish! Fish! Fish!" On our first fishing outing, the women brought home the bacon. I caught the first fish, Sandy caught the biggest fish (the biggest fish anyone had seen come out of Payson Lakes) and Megan (first time camper and fisher) caught the most fish. Way to go ladies!
The horseshoe spectators
Grandma Sandy's blessed bubble bucket. Gracie worked really hard on this skill this week.
Cori on a stroll with Grace and Kourtni
The fearless mountain bikers. (Ethan, the photographer, not pictured)
Cori's 10 seconds of testosterone pumping fame at the grotto. That water is pretty chilly.





6 comments:
ah yes, camping with the fam - great memories, yes? you look great, lady!
Looks like you guys had fun. I'm gearing up for our family reunion. Which do you think is worse...camping prego or camping with a month old infant? Jackie is coming for four days...should be fun.
I'm sad I missed it!! By the way, who's motorhome is that in the background of the first pic?
Well the motor home does look good parked behind us in that photo, doesn't it? -
I love your blogs and photos - they give me my daily happy chuckle
You are wonderful!
Love Mom O
Hey, you look good for 8 months! I'm impressed! Grace is SO cute! Looks like you guys had lots of fun, and I am amazed that you handled camping so well - I think I would have been majorly unhappy!
You do look great, Jesse!
Post a Comment