Monday, November 12, 2007

Recap Part IV: Me

For me, the last couple of months have been exciting, overwhelming, fun, exhausting and memorable. I can say that I am certain that this is where we are meant to be, and that we came at the right time. I can also say--with absolute certainty-- that I will never, EVER move that close to a due date again.

I'm staying busy with the usual daily mommy tasks. Grant is responding well to our routine. I'm so grateful to have some structure and predictability back in my life. The house keeps us hopping too. We have workers at the house for one thing or other every single day. We are currently having the basement finished. We're getting close. But if there isn't someone over to work, our contractor comes over for one reason or other. Then, we've had a laundry list of other visitors. Most recently, the task of finally getting information lines pulled out to our house so we could get our internet, cable and phone service. Oh, and our oven and dryer (both gas operating)started filling our house with the smell of burnt kerosene oil. So there was the visit from the gas inspector Friday, wherein he informed me that the smell was not coming from the gas and that he had no idea what could be causing the problem. So this morning someone is coming to look at the dryer. There's always something, right?

I've also been called into the Relief Society presidency in our branch. I love the sisters that I'm working with and for. There is a special feeling in the branch. The active members have been loving and serving the Lord and each other for so long now. It is a very close family kind of group.

I'm really looking forward to the next couple of months. Holiday time with family will be so welcomed. And then, once the basement is finished I can finish unpacking and organizing everything. And THEN, I'll be able to get to the projects I've been planning in my mind for a little while now: scrapbooks, organizing our digital photos from the last several months, and maybe even getting my sewing machine out. Cori's family has recently started a fitness challenge which is helping me get into the swing of exercising again.

Here are a few pics:
Gracie took this one at Sunset Park the night before we had Grant

Just minutes before going into the OR. It was so weird having a planned C section. Entirely too predictable!

6 comments:

Camille said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!! I can't say that enough about you. You inspire me with all you do. I am so blessed to have you in my life. I'm glad that you're getting more and more adjusted to being a mama of 2. It's rough some days, but it does have its rewards, I promise. I'm so happy for your life and your family and for all your dreams coming true! love you!

Jesse said...

Excuse me, my dear Camille. But I believe the same props go to you! As I recall, you did pretty much the same exact thing when y'all moved to TX, except you had little Marcus 4 or 5 days before you moved. "Remember Camille. Camille did it." This was my mantra through the month of September.

Heidi said...

Wow, Jesse! I was wondering if you had done a C-section or not... That's fantastic how fast you seem to have recovered, let alone put together a house with daily visitors!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

I didn't know you had a planned c-section too! Wasn't it odd, sitting there before they took you in? I found it so strange....He is so beautiful, and Gracie is too!! You are amazing for moving like that just before having a baby....

Jessica G said...

I'm sure Camille is amazing...but so are you! You are and inspiration to me! I can't waite to come and visit you guys. Of course if my grandpa has his way I will be living a lot closer to you and that would just be fun. I miss you tons. Love you guys so much.

Jess said...

You are so beautiful! Go Jesse!