- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms painted
- exterior shutters hung
- interior blinds installed
- shower curtain rails installed
- bathroom hardware installed
- 2 decks stained
- lattice hung below both decks
- lots of furniture picked out, purchased, and placed
- 1 BBQ assembled
- landscaping started
- mail box put up
- house numbers installed
- washer and dryer purchased and installed
This is all the stuff we did on our own. We also began the construction on the basement as quickly as we could. Our contractor pulled his building permit the day that Grant was born. It has taken a lot longer than we planned, but he's kept pretty well within the budget we set, so we can't complain. The whole project got set back nearly two weeks while we waited for the fireplace to be installed... Anyway, we're getting close the end, and we are so excited to have that space! Here's a little peek at the progress. It went from empty to being framed in about 4 days.
Then, after all the plumbing was in, all the information and power lines pulled through the walls, and the fireplace finally installed they came and hung the drywall. They finished all the finishing work on the drywall the day before we left to come to NV for Thanksgiving. I took a few pictures that night. So its textured, primed and waiting for us to come home and paint!
This is taken from the guest bedroom. You are all welcome to come and stay! The door on the right goes out to the living area, and the door on the left goes into the bathroom.
This is the main living area. The fireplace is further off to the left.
This is the view coming up the stairs into our upstairs living area.
So, once we have all the painting done, they'll install the finish lumber, flooring, and the rest of the lighting and bathroom fixtures, and voila! I'll finally get the rest of our stuff unpacked, and we can really start decorating.
Well, that's what we've all been up to. You are officially up to date!


4 comments:
All I can say is WOW! Well done!
Your upstairs living area is just beautiful, I can't wait to see the rest! (Oh how I wish you could come decorate my home! Decorating is so intimidating to me...).
I'll bet Grace is just loving all the space and Grant can't wait to enjoy it with her. :)
It looks great! You guys have been so busy!
Yeah for finally being able to unpack!! I'm so happy for you guys and it looks great. How was Nevada?
Oh, I like your new leather furniture - it looks very comfortable & inviting. What a lovely addition! And the basement is looking good!
Love
Mom O
Post a Comment