1. Though I've spent my life dreaming of travel in far off places, I find I'm becoming some what of a home body. I think this is due mostly to having children now, and the reality of traveling with kids is not an easy one. I'm so grateful that I've had the opportunity to travel as much as I have. I'm so lucky to have a husband who loves travel as much as I do. We've taken off on some pretty cool adventures. But the more I see of the world, the more I love being in my own space, on my own schedule, with my own babies. (That being said, I'd still be willing to drop it all for two tickets to Europe. I'm not completely cured. Just very happy in my more home bound state)2. I have an unnatural fear of bees. Once, while stopped at a traffic light, a bee flew into my car and I actually tried jumping out. My seat belt restrained me, and I fought it. It must have been quite the scene. The light turned green, cars were honking, I was still frantically trying to free myself from the seat belt... The most pathetic part of it is that I've never actually been stung. Its probably not that bad, right?
3. I'm so anxious to see the good in people that I often overlook their flaws. Though this sounds like a good thing, its gotten me into trouble more than a few times. There is such a thing as righteous judgement.
4. Twice in my life I really wanted to quit the piano. I will be eternally grateful to my parents who didn't give me the choice.
5. I've never been good at spelling. Through the last few years of elementary school I was in a Gifted and Talented Education program (G.A.T.E. to any of you who endured So. Cal. schools back in the day) and I thought I was pretty hot stuff. We had a spelling test at the end of each year--only ten words taken from a larger list. Those who scored 100% on the test got a special t-shirt that could be worn on Fridays. I coveted those shirts my whole childhood and never got a-one. My sixth grade year, my last chance for redemption, I misspelled the word 'sentence'. So bad. To this day, I cannot do anything without sending it through spell check. Even when I hand write notes, I double check words in a Word document.
6. My favorite color is the hue that is created by late afternoon sun on a field of wheat. It makes me feel happiness, longing, joy, peace, and completion all at the same time.
7. I talk to myself a lot. Out loud. Really, I do. If you could be a fly on the wall while I cook, you'd think I was auditioning to have my own show. When Gracie catches me in the act, she'll tug on my pants and calmly say, "Mommy, stop it."


5 comments:
the last one about you made me laugh...because I caught you doing this on the mission and we laughed our heads off, remember? I love you girl! (and your babies are soo beautiful!)
GATE! I totally remember that stuff. I don't think they had the t-shirt program for us, but we moved when I was only in 3rd grade, so I guess I can't really remember much.... I love that Gracie keeps you in line when you are talking to yourself ;-) so cute!
LOL I didn't know the spelling thing...that is so funny. I spell much worse so don't worry. Loved learning more about you. I'm glad you enjoyed the picture. If only the dog hadn't moved his head to look at Jackie....originally his head was the same way as mine with his tounge hanging out. Hope you guys are doing ok with all the snow. I sure miss ya. Love you guys!
Hi Jesse,
I love reading your BLOG and seeing the pictures. This is a wonderful thing you are doing. I hope you keep it up.
Yes, I knew all seven things about you.
DAD
I just realized I never commented about this--thanks for doing it! I didn't know you talk to yourself and that Gracie tells you to stop. LOL! :)
Post a Comment