It seems like my time as a missionary might as well have been a lifetime ago. So many significant things have happened in my life between now and then. Yet, so much of who I am I owe to the sculpting I received while a missionary. So I know I carry my mission with me everyday, though my memory of street names, people's names, and memorized scriptures is getting a bit shaky.But, isn't it amazing how the smallest brush with a living piece of your past can bring so much to the front of your mind?
This weekend, I was given a special gift. I got a call from an old friend who I got to help teach and who was baptized while I was serving in a singles ward. She was in town for a singles conference, and happened to have my contact information with her. It was so special to spend some time with her. I listened to her talk about going to the Temple. I listened to her talk about feeling and following the Spirit. I listened to her talk about her sister (for whom we prayed and worked and prayed some more) who is now a strong member of the Church and who has gone to the Temple.
An amazing period of my life was brought from off the shelf and opened wide. I treasured its pages and added a few lines. I was renewed in so many ways. Thanks for the visit Marisol. And thanks Jessika, for rolling with all the punches while you were here!


No comments:
Post a Comment