Monday, April 30, 2007

Thanks Jessika!

What a treat. I had such a lovely week with my London pal Jessika. She was a perfect house guest, and I think I can safely say that we wore each other out! We did all the usual things around here, Disneyland, an afternoon at the beach, yummy dinners and lunches out... But we did some other things that have been conspicuous by their absence from my life. Namely:

1. A girls' day out

2. A couple of girls' nights in

Yikes, I needed that.

We spent our girls' day out touring Hollywood Blvd. complete with its walk of stars, and the Kodak and Graumin Chinese Theaters. We ate lunch at a Creperie in the Hollywood Galleria, and then enjoyed a leisurely drive through Beverly Hills to Rodeo Drive. Yes folks, Rodeo Drive. We paced the showcases inside and out of Tiffany's, goggled at Gucci, and dreamed over Dior.



We spent our girls' nights in relaxing tired feet, chatting through chick flicks, and trying not to eat too much ice cream.

Yikes, I needed that too.

It was actually a bit of a crazy week for both of us. Cori had finished his interviews, and he and I were in the midst of some serious decision making. This was made crazier by Cori's schedule with the Young Men as he was away at night, and then on a backpacking trip. And, no sooner had Jessika gotten here, but she received a phone call that set some changes into motion in her life as well. I really enjoyed having her with me through the week, despite the all phone call breaks we both were obligated to take. For pictures and more details, you'll have to checkout Jessika's blog in the next week or so (I've got a link on my sidebar).

Thanks again, Jessika! We loved having you with us!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so jealous - what fun for you two girlies!! So who's coming to Denver?

Jess said...

You cannot THANK ME!!! It is I that must thank you and it is coming in the mail this week!! Definitely a hostess with the mostest. I just added a teaser entry to my blog--I have seriously not had time to add it to my blog yet. I have two weeks to get this quilt of my sister's done and I only have 3 of 20 rows done. Eek!! Pics are coming soon.